Sports Hall Athletics - Home Penthalon
Please see the information below about an excitin challenge from Sports Hall Athletics about a home pentathlon, which is a variety of different events you may be able to do from home to help you Keep Active.
There are a few activities for Year 3 and upwards to have a go at (Parents included). If you have a garden that is big enough you can record and try to beat your scores. If you click on the link on the Home Penathlon PDF it also has YouTube clips to help you set up each activity as well as each activity.
Once you have completed an activity you can record your score on the Home Penathlon Excel sheet to record your score and then to see if you can Improve next time.
|Home Penathlon score sheet||[pdf 88KB]|
|Home Pentathlon||[pdf 271KB]|
This section provides you with learning activities to regularly practise the important basic skills
For KS2 pupils, we expect per week:
- a minimum of 4 reads (at least 1 reading to an adult to practice accuracy and fluency)
- 3 “My Maths” tasks which will be set every Monday (remember that a pass mark of at least 70% needs to be achieved. If not the task should be repeated until this mark is achieved).
- At least 5 quiz questions per week for any of the Bug Club books they have been allocated on Active Learn.
- A complete game sequence including all the quiz questions for a grammar, punctuation or spelling task that will be set every Monday on Active Learn.
- 3 practices of the maths passport - To ensure that none of the previous maths passport learning does not get lost, we also advise re-visiting previous passports to increase fluency. These expectations can also be found on the website.
- 3 practice sessions on TT Rockstars
For KS1 and Reception, we expect:
- A minimum of 3 reads aloud to an adult and at least 3 times for a story to be read to the child. This can be real books or books found linked to Active Learn
- If a child finishes a book, do not worry about the child re-reading it to you as this improves accuracy and fluency.
- 3 quizzes to support grammar/punctuation (Active Learn Year 1 and 2)
- 3 time phonic recognition using their books or flashcards (Reception)
- 3 practices of the maths passport
To ensure that none of the previous maths passport learning does not get lost, we also advise re-visiting previous passports to increase fluency. These expectations can also be found on the website under Curriculum.
- 3 times on Numbots - logins to be issued.
CLASS PAGES - HOME LEARNING TAB
Please check on your child's class page new Home Learning tab from the 20th April to access updated activities set by teachers.