This section provides you with learning activities to regularly practise the important basic skills
For KS2 pupils, we expect per week:
- a minimum of 4 reads (at least 1 reading to an adult to practice accuracy and fluency)
- 3 “My Maths” tasks which will be set every Monday (remember that a pass mark of at least 70% needs to be achieved. If not the task should be repeated until this mark is achieved).
- At least 5 quiz questions per week for any of the Bug Club books they have been allocated on Active Learn.
- A complete game sequence including all the quiz questions for a grammar, punctuation or spelling task that will be set every Monday on Active Learn.
- 3 practices of the maths passport - To ensure that none of the previous maths passport learning does not get lost, we also advise re-visiting previous passports to increase fluency. These expectations can also be found on the website.
- 3 practice sessions on TT Rockstars
For KS1 and Reception, we expect:
- A minimum of 3 reads aloud to an adult and at least 3 times for a story to be read to the child. This can be real books or books found linked to Active Learn
- If a child finishes a book, do not worry about the child re-reading it to you as this improves accuracy and fluency.
- 3 quizzes to support grammar/punctuation (Active Learn Year 1 and 2)
- 3 time phonic recognition using their books or flashcards (Reception)
- 3 practices of the maths passport
To ensure that none of the previous maths passport learning does not get lost, we also advise re-visiting previous passports to increase fluency. These expectations can also be found on the website under Curriculum.
- 3 times on Numbots - logins to be issued.
CLASS PAGES - HOME LEARNING TAB
Please check on your child's class page new Home Learning tab from the 20th April to access updated activities set by teachers.